There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, January 31, 2010

You Must Clean Out!!!

It snowed this weekend in S.C and gratefully I had some time on my hand.  Instead of complaining about being stuck in the house or that I didn't have anything to do.  I took the opportunity to clean up and cook a lovely dinner for my hubby and me.  As far as the clean up I started in the refrigerator.  Food was compiled in the fridge old and new.  We all know how frustrating it is when you find that you don't have something when you thought you did.  Your refrigerator is full of nothing.  Things cluttering up the fridge making it seem as though you are well stock and prepared, but when you are are ready to cook the right ingredients can't be found. 

You may find this to be the case within your life.  You may often time have too much stuff going and not taking time for self.  Your life may be cluttered with people who are taking up space but not adding anything to the recipe of your life?  Maybe you have goals that aren't attainable because you have set inappropriate timelines?  Is fear consuming your space?  We are constantly putting more and more into our relationships but getting nothing in return.  Your homes are unorganized because of having to much of nothing.  Your dreams are forgotten because of fear.  I know there is someone who can relate to this frustrating cycle of having too much going on but not producing anyting.

Just like a product with an old expiration date.  It is time to throw it away.  You must throw out the negative attitude, eliminate those persons that are draining your spirit, your mind, your pockets, and most importantly your time.  You must keep items that add value and allow you to manifest your dreams.  As I reached into the fridge and started removing the old products I began to be able to see the space and full capacity of the use of my refrigerator.  I began to see where things are suppose to go.  I arranged my refrigerator with the most important items.

I started with the top shelf I put items that would fulfill my thirst. As this relates to our personal selves this may be your spiritual outlet.  For me it is God and his Word.

 “O taste and see that the Lord is good.” (Psalm 34:8)


“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled.” (Matthew 5:6)

“Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, ‘If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture said, streams of living water will flow from him.’” (John 7:37)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost form the spring of the water of life.” (Revelation 21:6)

“The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let him who hears say ‘Come!’ Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.” (Revelation 22:17)

The second shelf consisted of items that would give me nourishment. 

Deep in my spirit I believe I am called to share the ‘Good News’ of who Jesus is and about the love of God with others. As my heart is set on this and I am in this mode, I am nourished in a way that I cannot be by eating even the healthiest of foods. As Psalm 81:10 reads, “Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.” God is telling the Psalmist, and me(and us), that if I open my spirit to Him that He will fill me with good things deep in my inner most being. Well, I think that God placed in me a deep desire to share with others about His love. To tell others about His goodness. To provide hope to others. And when I do this, deep in my spirit, I am nourished.

The third shelf were items that I would need to lift my spirits.  Hanging out with friends, giving back within your community, doing things you just love to do.

“Oh, the joys of those who …. delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.” Psalm 1:1-2
“O LORD Almighty, happy are those who trust in you.” Psalm 84:12


“Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord.” Psalm 89:15
“Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.” Psalm 119:1-2
“As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.” Psalm 119:143
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.” Philippians 4:6-7
“Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise….. then the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:8-9

Finally, the drawers were full of items that give me energy and  we can't forget about the door. The door on the refrigerator is for the purpose of condiments and miscellaneous items.  The items you find on the door are those things that dress up your food.  Make them taste better or look better.  It is always great to have these additions on your food but if you have too much it can become fattening.  At this point you want to be mindful of all the people you let into your life.  Do they create too much baggage?  Are they contributing to your success and well-being?  Is what you putting on your door neccessary for the recipe of your life?  If the answers to any of the questions aren't purposeful it is time to clean out your refrigerator and put the neccessary essentials on your shelf. 

Affirmations from Bible you can use: 
God stands at my side and gives me the strength I need for today. 2 Timothy 4:17


As I cleanse myself of the wood and clay in my life, I am better able to be used by God. 2 Timothy 2:20-21
Scriptures in the Bible teach me 2 do what is right and equip me for every good thing God wants me 2 do. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
God reveals his spiritual truths to me by his Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:13


Christ has set me free to experience true freedom. Galatians 5:1

Best Regards,

Sista Saver







No comments:

Post a Comment