There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Who is Sketching You?

I participated this morning with dozens of beautiful, highly motivated, and loving women in a training session for Girl Talk. While there I found admiration and curiosity towards the women who were participates. Everyone had a special talent and some way we all connected. We all had a desire to be role models for young girls. We all expressed our individualism and desires for wanting to be volunteers. It is very funny how you often time look at the appearance of others or listen to what folks say they are doing in some form of judgment. It either makes you jealous or inspires you to continue to move forward with your dreams. I continued to observe the room and all its embellishments of beautiful women; while doing so I observed a young pretty girl, looking me up and down. I noticed that every time she looked at me she would sketch on a piece of paper. I was sitting directly across from her in a circular seating arrangement. The young girl didn't know me nor had we spoken. I kept noticing her sketch something on a piece of paper. Just thinking highly of me, I quietly reached over to a friend of mine and I said, “That little girl keeps looking at me I think she is drawing me”. My friend began to laugh at me as though I was full of myself. But I knew something was up with the young girl.



The facilitator instructed us to position ourselves under categories that represented our personality type. Upon completion of this activity each of us had to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of our personality type. Of which I am an extrovert. I saw from afar the piece of paper that the young girl had been doodling on all morning. I noticed there were three figures on the paper. All of which represented someone or something. I noted to myself that I had to see what that girl was drawing. So after the meeting I noticed the girl sitting Indian style on the floor. My friend and I walked over to the little girl. I simply asked the little girl what she had been drawing. As I looked at the picture she replied, "You." Although, I had thought the young girl was sketching me; it didn't become a reality until she said you. I was simply taken aback. I really didn't know what to say. Somehow, some way I made an impression on this girl without even having had contact with her. She saw something in me. I don't know what I did to inspire the sketch. I don't know what led her to choose me out of the dozen of women. But I do know I influenced her in some way. She even had above my head the personality type EXTROVERT.


The moral of this story is you don't know who is sketching you. Just as I had been observing and admiring the women in the session, someone was admiring me. I had no knowledge of how influential my presence was. This young girl saw something within me that she felt the need to take the time to sketch. What will your sketch resemble? What young girl has a desire to model you? What young girl is influenced by your behavior? We never know who is observing, who is watching, who is admiring us. So always be positive. Be a shining light to someone. Most importantly what behavior have you displayed? Just like me I didn’t build a relationship with this young girl. I only had one encounter with her and that was my presence. I didn’t have the opportunity to be pretend to be someone else. This young girl had the opportunity to see me just when I thought no one was watching. The sketch she drew of me was a display of her first impression. What little girl is sketching you? Some young girl is watching your every move, your body language, your character, your way of dressing, your style, your smile. Just like I was observing the other women; someone was sketching me. Always remember someone is sketching you.


LOVE ALWAYS,

SISTER SAVER


1 comment:

  1. I was just reflecting on this the other day Sister Saver. This moment was so powerful and I am so glad I was their to witness. Keep doing what you do ! :)

    ReplyDelete